Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ticking time

I know it's been a while since I last did a post but honestly, not much as been happening. My mom called me out on my last post about Venice and how boring it was. Sorry, but Venice wasn't all too exciting and the rain put a damper on my mood. I liked Venice alot but there honestly wasn't much to do except alot of museums and walking around, both got old after a while. 


But this past week I finished up my midterms and lucky me I get to work on my three papers due the 28th and 30th! I have one down and 2 more to go. The only thing getting me through these papers are the arrival of my roommates boyfriend who I'm stoked to meet and on the 31st I head to Amsterdam!! (Thanks mom and dad :) ) 




I found an app on my phone that allows me to do countdowns and these are my current countdowns (now everyone, don't get too jealous or envious or anything):
Amsterdam 11 days 31 minutes
Rome 18 days 1 hour and 31 minutes
Prague 25 days 7 hours and 46 minutes
HOME 47 days 31 minutes

Yup, all you lucky people who are actually in my life get to see me in less than 50 days, I can't believe I am more than halfway done with study abroad. It legit blows my mind how fast this time is going. I can't believe I've been gone since August 21st and have been to London, coast of Italy for 2 weeks, Amalfi Coast, Croatia, Venice and Florence and I still have 3 more trips coming up. Well 4 if you count my layovers in Germany. People say that time will fly by and some days it drags on and others I look at my watch and think where did the day go? I can't believe it.

ANDDD most likely I'm heading up to SMC the day after I get home. It seems like everyday I get more and more messages from my friends at school asking me for tips about studying abroad during the spring. Legit I can't believe how many people I didn't know are studying abroad in the spring. If I don't go up that weekend, I won't see some for over year, that's crazy to think. Sorry, nope, can't do that, gotta get to SMC. Plus I miss the nature and mountains. Florence is surrounded by mountains by they are all far away and there's no nature here like in Vermont, even at home in Massachusetts. I miss the trees and foliage. Also the clean smell, Florence has this nasty smell sometimes and I'm pretty sure it's because of the sewer system. 

I haven't been doing anything too exciting recently, or have any funny stories to share. Except the times I have gone to the San Lorenzo leather market and central market. The leather market is quite terrifying and I get a kick out of imagining my mom there. She hates shopping and picturing her walking down the streets with vendors on both sides yelling at you makes me crack up. Sorry, mom. But anyways, the market is actually pretty annoying. All the men basically yell at you to come over. This past weekend I went with 3 of my friends here (all girls) and the stuff that was coming out of the men's mouth was disgusting. They think they know english and would yell stuff like spicy and some more vulgar things which I will not mention. Basically they think they know what they're saying but in reality they have no idea, so they should just shut up. As some of you know, I semi have a temper...well do but I don't like to agree to that, but mom and dad you would be proud, I didn't say anything back. I felt as if you give them the time of day or say something then it's just gonna keep on happening but if you keep walking and ignore it it's better. And that is the case, one of the times I went there with one of my other friends for my photo project we just would walk and ignore everything and it truly wasn't that bad. But when you make a big deal, that's what encourages it. 

I did have a cooking class the day after I got home from Venice and we made some unreal food. We made Cannelloni, which is basically crepes which cheese, veggies and veal and chicken inside of them. They were sooo good. Oh and I mastered the crepe flip, so for all of you who thought I would never be able to cook, yup I can flip a crepe and cook a little more. For the second course we made turkey bocconcini with herbs, it was soooo good. Finally for dessert we made panna cotta, which originally creeped me out because it's a gelatin like dessert that you can legit wiggle on the plate. We had it in Marina di Pietrasanta and I hated it, but I liked the one here. 


On Wednesday of this past week I did a white wine tasting, which I loved. Most of you know I'm a white drinker so it was interesting to learn all about the white and what it suppose to go with what foods, not that I'll ever follow that. I drink what I want and yes when I come back to the states I can legally drink in 21 days! 
This past week I also went on a run to the Michelangelo Pizzale, which gives an unreal view of the city. Not gonna lie, it was a tough run. I've been running a pretty good decent amount around here but part of this was an uphill run and it reminded me of high school lax running up Prospect(I think that's the name) basically I could barely breathe when I got to the top but it was totally worth the run for the view.
Yesterday for part of the day I went to the Boboli Gardens in the Pitti Palace to do work. I love it there and we also get free entrance with our museum card so that's a plus. It's hard to get work done around the apartment and part of it is due to the lack of real space to do work. Plus having internet is always a downfall when trying to write a paper. So I headed to the gardens, saved whatever I needed from the internet onto my desktop and wrote away. Granted I only got about 3 pages done but I ran out of material to use. I'm also pretty far ahead of the ball considering most people I know haven't even started their papers and I have one complete and in the works of another one. 




This is called motivation

You can't hate this view


Channeling a little inspiration from Eleonora di Toledo to write my Italian fashion paper on her by doing it at the place she lived. Pitti Palace.


No comments:

Post a Comment