Monday, October 7, 2013

A city afloat

Friday very early in the morning, 7:30 am I headed to the bus station right next to the train station for my next adventure: Venezia aka Venice. It was a longgg bus ride which I passed out for the entire time. I was lucky enough to have two seats on a coach bus both ways to myself so I was able to sprawl out and sleep. 

When we arrived to Venice around 12:30 we had till 2 to relax, get settled and in my case get food. We had a tour starting at 2 and of course I was late for it and made it back to the hotel just in time to catch on with my group. We tour from 2 to 6, 4 hours of touring. Yes, I wanted to kill myself. I never thought that 4 hours could go so slow, don't get me wrong, I can appreciate art and churches but when your guide goes on for an extra 45 minutes, your patience is done with. Our tour ended around 6:45 unlike everyone elses. I saw a few different churches that were unreal, I wish I could show you what they looked like but photos weren't allowed, however, I managed to snag a few "selfie style". We did visit a Leonardo Da Vinci exhibit which was so cool and I got to see the Vitruvian Man which is just amazing. I never knew how complex it really was, one of my papers I'm writing on is on Leonardo Da Vinci and now I have a few ideas to be able to add length onto my paper.


Ceiling arrttt


Venzia by night
Later on after we finished our tours we directly went to get food. We went to Blue's Caffe and I had an unreal bacon cheeseburger, it was the first meat like that I've had in a month, no joke. It was a English like bar and that night we had everyone who didn't go to dinner there meet up with us for the night out. I had sprtizs which are a drink known to Venice and the area, or so I was told. 

On Saturday morning there was another tour but I decided to sleep in and explore the city on my own with a few of the guys. Oh and not to be forgotten it was POURING, surprise surprise for Venice. I've been sick for almost 3 weeks now and I need some quality time with my bed so I opted out on a tour. Plus I know what churches are like, I wanted to wander around the city and do some stuff that I wouldn't have been able to do. And we all know I love a good wandering.

Sunday morning we had to be checked out by 9:30 and we had a tour of the Peggy Guggenheim collection which was a 3 minute walk from our hotel thank god because it was pouring once again. It was so cool to see some contemporary artwork. I saw some Jackson Pollock which I could say may be my favorite artist because I love the abstractness of his work. I also saw some Monet and who doesn't love his water lily paintings? 
Jackson Pollock



I can't even begin to describe my next few weeks as it gives me anxiety, I have my Made in Italy midterm on Wednesday and then next week I have my fashion, mafia and photo one. Then in 2 weeks I have 3 papers due and throw in 2 photo projects as well. HELL WEEKS BABY


No comments:

Post a Comment