Tuesday, September 10, 2013

When in Florence

Well I've been in Florence since Saturday afternoon and when people told me Florence was beautiful I didn't exactly give them enough credit. The city has an old charm. I'm that girl that's walking around with her head in the air looking up, down and all around. I haven't even had a day yet to go out and venture around with my camera. :(

On Saturday we got to our apartment around 3:45. Polly and I were able to snag what we are calling the "penthouse" it's the top floor in our building and the biggest bedroom in the apartment. We live with 7 other girls, but we lucked out picking each other. My view overlooks all different types of buildings  although it's not on the water it still has an amazing view. Our school is legit a 1 minute walk, including all the stairs that we have to climb. Holy shit was bringing my luggage up hard. Later on Saturday the entire program went out for a welcome dinner at another amazing restaurant filled with the typical 20 something courses (okay maybe I'm exaggerating but it's still alot). Later that night we went out bar hopping for Quinlin's 20th birthday. We went to Red Garter for some karaoke and another random bar and ended up at this club called Twice. It was a good time.

Well this is my backyard...jealous? Probably

Penthouse livin


On Sunday, we had orientation from 10 to 1 and that was a struggle. It was just so long and all we wanted to do was sleep because of the traveling and night before. I did have an amazing panini which I plan on heading to later today for lunch before my photography class. Yes, I get to take a photography class in one of the art hubs of the world, I can't tell you how excited I am. 
Part II Sunday Dinner: Roast-beef with herb sauce


Monday was one longgg day, 4 classes with one break. I've never taken 5 classes before so it should be interesting  I'm taking Italian Fashion, History of Italian Mafia, Made in Italy, Basic Spoken Italian and Photography. I'm excited for this semester and all my classes. That night we went out for wings at Clubhouse and it wasn't anything like home. I don't think I could get wings again, plus they don't have ranch or blue cheese and that makes the wings. 

This morning I woke up at 10 and went for a run along the river and found a little under spot under a bridge to do some squats etc, super nice. I'm stoked to find a place that reminds me of my home tracks in Vermont. I need to do some shopping for food and school supplies. Notebooks are one of the hardest things to find here, no joke. It's kinda ridiculous. Later on tonight me and Gabby plan on going on a date to some restaurant some of the girls in my apartment went to the other night. Apparently it was great, but that seems to be a common theme for Firenze. 




Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment