Thursday, September 5, 2013

Week One and then some

Well one week is down. I can't believe I've already spent one week in Italy. It's been a whirlwind week trying to get used to being in another country and speaking Italian, or I should say struggling to speak Italian. 9 to 1 Italian class Monday thru Friday isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Oh and I got a 90 on my first Italian quiz, never thought I would see that day.

This past week we went to Pisa to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa and it was beautiful. We all had a good time posing with the tower doing the typical touristy things. 







On Saturday we went to Cinque Terre and left at 8 am. I know I keep saying everything is breath taking but holy shit, this place was amazing. I've never seen such clear water and amazing landscape. We were suppose to the hour and a half hike to one of the 5 towns but Dan, Tommy, Sports, Brett and I got a little lost and missed a turn and ended up on the street leading up to a town. Somehow we found a trail that lead to the actually trail thank god. We spent the rest of the day at the beach taking in the sun and scenery. 






That night was crazy, we all got ready and hung out on one of our balconies before trying to find a few of the clubs/bars we were told about, but we ended up at one called BamBu bar. It was a great time and I met an Italian named Alessandro, who's a lifeguard at our beach club. We danced the night away.


Sunday was a great day, Polly and I woke up at 12, grabbed Alyssa and Gabs and headed to the beach to meet up with everyone already there. Later on Gabby and I went on a long walk on the beach, so romantic I know. We headed back semi early to shower and do some work/editing pictures before dinner.

Today is going to be a laundry and short beach day mixed in with trying to upload more pictures. Along with a long run after dinner. And some studying for my second Italian quiz tomorrow which will be a struggle. 


Well I never got the chance to blog, and I wrote my last one in class on my phone so I I'll just add on.

Got an 85 on my second Italian quiz, I'll take it with no complaints. 

This past week has been alot of fun and I would totally be content with staying here the rest of my time, but I am excited for Florence. 

Yesterday I went to the beach alone and it was ideal. Just what I needed, I didn't really wanna go to Lucca so I ended up on the beach taking it in solo. 


Yesterday we went to the Alpuine Alps, it was sick. It was a bunch of caves and it took us about 2 hours to do the whole thing. I've never seen anything like this before. It was about 30 to 40 degrees in the caves, which was nice considering it's been super hot here. 


Part One of our goodbye dinner

Tonight is our last night to go out as we have our final on Saturday and we leave for Florence at 1 on Saturday. Going out with a bangggg..

No comments:

Post a Comment