Sunday, September 15, 2013

Falling in love

It's been one whirlwind of a few days. Thursday night I left for the Amalfi Coast with 13 of my friends. We left Florence at 7:30 and arrived in Sorrento at 3:00 in the morning and had to be up at 7:30 to start my day for Capri. Capri was beautiful, honestly everything is here but it needs to be said. We took a ferry ride over to the island and then took a guided boat tour around the island. We were suppose to go into the Blue Grotto, but it was too rough and the little boats that take you into it wouldn't even make it in there. Not gonna lie, I was mad I wasn't able to go in, I wanted to see one of the Seven Wonders, but it was still beautiful. After our tour ended, we walked up to the center of town and had an amazing granita. It was lemon and fresh squeezed OJ with some vodka, unreal. From there we took buses up to Anacapri where we had lunch and walked around the town. There's a bunch of beautiful shops with hand made sandal, and limoncello/chocolate tasting. I was able to get a few gifts for some people and they're specific to that region. Then we took a chairlift up to the top of the island, we had a 360 view of our surroundings. It had breathtaking views. That night we went out to this restaurant and I had the most mouthwatering gnocchi that I have ever had. We then proceeded to go to the English beer garden which was a good time. 

CAPRI



Limone, OJ and vodka granita


The view from the chairlift going uppp

THIS IS CAPRI

On top of the world

Beautiful Positano

On Saturday we went to Positano for a beach day and some cliff jumping and cave swimming. It was once again gorgeous, the water is so clear and it feels like you should be able to touch the bottom but in reality it's deep but the water is just so clear. We went on the first cliff jumping and cave swimming tour and it was so much fun. I did the highest cliff possible to jump off at the location and it was a thriller. The worst part was just getting myself to jump but I don't regret it one bit. After we went and did some cave swimming which was also really cool. After we just hung out on the beach and took some naps. I was exhausted from traveling and not getting alot of sleep. That night we went to Seven hostel for dinner and drinks and then we ended up at the English beer garden again. On the way home we had amazing freshly cooked pizza, it was just what we needed.

Sunday we could sleep in, well if you say 9:30 is sleeping in. We headed to Pompei to see the ruins and have a short day because we had a 7 hour bus ride home. It was cool but at that point I just wanted to get back home to Florence. Isn't that weird to see? Head back home to Florence, Florence is my home now for the next 3 months and I could not be happier. We are lunch at Pompei pizza and it was so good, Italy is known for their pizza as well as pasta but being in Pompei and so close to Naples I swear the pizza is even better.

Next Thursday I head off to Croatia and I'm so excited, minus the 12 hour bus ride that lays ahead of me. But everyone I talk to say that Croatia is one of their favorite places to go.

So until next time, I hope that whoever is reading this is enjoying my updates and jealous of the life I'm living. I couldn't be happier and more thankful. So mom and dad, I love you more than words can explain, I am forever grateful for this leaning and lifetime experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment