Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ferraris, Cycling and a Castle

This past week alot has happened. I had my first History of the Italian Mafia test. Yeah, you could say it was hard. Right before I took the test I found out last semester the average grade on the test was a 44%. Yes, so out of 100, not 50...I thought study abroad was suppose to be easy? We'll see how that one goes.

The beginning of this week was a struggle, not gonna lie. The long weekend travels to the Amalfi Coast and Croatia really caught up to me and I was in the middle of taking antibiotics because I have already gotten sick. Sounds about right for me with not alot of sleep, new environment and the stress from traveling at times. I can't complain though, I've taken amazing trips and would not do anything different. Next weekend I head to Venice, last week I booked Prague in November and the other night I booked Amsterdam for end of October. 

Tuesday for my photography class we walked around Florence and took pictures of all the cyclist competing here in Florence for the past week. When we were walking around we passed a store that was doing a charity event. They had a bike in the window with a screen behind it with graphics and they asked people on the streets to come in and bike on it for charity. I got to do it and it was an interesting experience  I felt on display for the entire city. Random people were walking by and taking pictures on me.
Team Espana



But other than classes it was a good week, Wednesday night all the girls went out to get mexican at this place called Salamanca, it's unreal and the sangria is bomb. The best part though was seeing Sammy and her coming out with us. Sammy is a high school friend of mine who is studying here in Florence as well. But till this point almost three weeks deep in Florence I hadn't ran into her or had the chance to meet up. Everyone loves seeing a familiar face across seas, whoever says they don't is lying. After dinner and some salsa dancing, sangria pitchers, margaritas and Salamancas we left and headed to a club. Coming home at 3, was a solid idea...





Thursday all the girls left for Oktoberfest and then there was one. There was nooo way I was staying at my apartment by myself, that is terrifying to think of, maybe I'm a little of a baby but not too badly. I've been staying with the guys that went last week and didn't go. Thursday night we went out and on Friday I had to be up early to head to Maranello to the Ferrari Museum. It was cool, I got to see the most expensive cars in the world along with all these cool other Ferraris. Friday night we went out again to the club and this morning we had to be at the train station once again at 8:45 to head to Castello del Trebbio. There we helped harvest grapes, took a tour of the castle which is the owners home, unreal to think that people live in castles made for Florences wealth centuries ago. After the tour we had a Tuscan style buffet with a wine tasting. Dad, you would love to know and now appreciate that I like red wine now and can't wait to split a bottle with you when I'm home. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow morning and wake up, get my life together and go get some work on. But mainly for the whole sleeping in thing. 

Castello del Trebbio

The starting point of my favorite drink


Tuscan style brunch buffet

The wine that turned me into a red drinker

Dad, can we get some of these for the basement?


Ciao




No comments:

Post a Comment