Monday, November 18, 2013

CzechInn the lyfe: Castles, Lennon and Starbucks

Old Town Square

Right now I'm sitting on a coach bus on my way to Prague, I'm only two
hours deep into the trip, and the ride is 12+ hours....This is a bittersweet trip for me, it's my last one while here in Europe. I leave in about 2 and half weeks. I can't believe it. Recently I've been dying to go home. Being abroad makes you realize how much you value the relationships and friends you have at home. Honestly if someone doesn't wanna go home anytime soon then they don't have the kinds of people like I do in my life. Don't get me wrong I've made amazing friends over here but it gets to a point where all you want are the people you love. I've meet great people and have made memories I'll always have. I've seen places I never thought I would and have had the time of my life the past 3 months. But I miss SMC so much and the community there. To anyone who doesn't go to SMC and is reading this and considering, come. Choosing SMC was one of the best decisions in my life and I would do it over and over again. Vermont is a place like no other, people are so laid back and open, coming from Massachusetts it's a nice change.


Looking out into the Old Jewish Cemmetary

View of the Prague Castle


Where to start with this weekend, it's been one hell of a trip that's for sure. For starters I came on this trip alone and ended up meeting up with 3 other girls here in Prague that I go to school with. My bus arrived to my hostel the CzechInn around 9:15 am on Friday morning which wasn't bad timing. After getting some food I headed out to meet up with Liv in the Old Town Square to do some adventuring and grab some Starbucks. Prague was a lot colder than I thought it was going to be but it was nice considering this is like the weather at home which I miss. So on Friday we went to the Jewish quarter of Prague and saw the cemetery where over 12,000 tombstones are but over 100,000 people arr buried. Apparently the graves go about 10 people deep because they ran out of space. It's crazy to think about. We also visited one of the oldest synagogues in the world which was cool but we didn't make it in too far. After that we headed to a huge mall so I could look for an iPhone charger because mine broke a few hours before I was to leave. After spending 900 Czech about 47 American dollars on a new charger I was back in business. We then went and got lunch at an amazing bar. I got a steak and it was mouthwatering, I haven't had a steak since I left the states. Yeah, that's a veryyy long time. After lunch we continued to walk around and headed to the Charles bridge and made our way to the Lennon wall. I wish I had brought some markers with me to leave my own touch. We then went our separate ways to get ready to go out. I faced a little issue when I went to go meet up with Liv that night, I found out that my Italian phone didn't actually have international minutes, yeah that created some chaos for me. I was at the right building but on the other side, I ended up going into a restaurant getting a coke and using the wifi to find Liv. That night we met up with Abby and Allycia and their friend who is studying in Prague to go out. Prague nightlife is apparently crazy, we went to a 5 story club where they played 80's and 90's music, it was awesome. I had a great time minus losing the girls I was with at one point and had to find my way back. Oh and I think I sprained or dislocated my thumb, super awesome….

Just a nice view….

Lennon Wall

Support all the way in Prague #BOSTONSTRONG


On Saturday I didn't wake up till late and wasn't feeling it. To say the least Saturday was a struggle. I met up with Liv around 1:45 and we headed over to see the Prague castle which holds the best view of the city. We got to see a beautiful sunset and take our typical tourist pictures. After we went out to lunch/dinner at a cute Czech place. I got this sautéed chicken in some type of sauce with potatoe pancakes, it was soo good but I struggled to get the food down which sucked. After getting food I headed back to the hostel for the night, yea grandma didn't go out last night. I wouldn't have made it and plus I have a 12 hour bus ride ahead of me. There was no way I was going out. I got back to the hostel showered and got into bed and later on that night I went down to the bar to grab some food, I was finally hungry. After dinner I went to bed and woke up with morning feeling refreshed and ready to go back to Firenze.

Prague Castle

Prague Castle

View from the top

Hands down the greatest pretzel of my life

Prague was an amazing visit, had some down times but it was a trip well worth all the bullshit. Oh and I forgot to mention my 800 Czech fine I got for losing my train ticket on Saturday with liv. The officers was an asshole and super rude.

I'm in the middle of Austria right now and we passing a ski mountain, all I wanna do is go boarding. I'm jealous of you kids back in the states specially all my friends who send me pictures/videos of them boarding but then I just remember that I spent 3 months in Europe traveling causally...ohhh yeah that's right

Goodnight Prague






No comments:

Post a Comment