Monday, November 11, 2013

Chillan with Papa Francis

Trevi Fountain


Pantheon at night with some random lady!


CHEESE PLATE :)

So Thursday morning we left for Rome at 8:30 in the morning a faced about a 4 and a hour a little longer bus ride. Effing miserable, I'm so over buses and traveling at this point. But when we arrived in Rome we checked in got food and headed off to see some sights. We saw the Spanish steps which were cool, but really am not sure why they're are so significant. Maybe because the road in front of them is the most expensive road in Rome, it's like the 5th ave of New York. But along with the Spanish steps we saw the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon. All of the sights were really pretty. We saw the Pantheon at night so it was all lit up. After we finished doing the tour about 4 hours later some of the girls and me got apertivo in front of the Pantheon before heading to dinner. It was amazingggg, we got champagne when we arrived there and I got some tasty white wine to accompany a cheese plate followed by a pasta with red sauce and bacon. It was so flavorful and delicious. After dinner we took a taxi back to the hotel because we stayed no where near the center on Rome. I went to bed super early ready for 6+ hours of tours and field trips the next day.
The outside of Saint Peter's Basilica 


Ceiling of the Sistine Chapel

Because a selfie thats totally illegal is of course what I wanted to do 

Friday we woke up at 7:30 to leave for 8:30 to head to see the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basicilla. It was all amazing, every time I enter  churches and buildings so old my mind is blown. The Sistine chapel was beautiful and of course I didn't follow the no picture rule and was snapping away. I even got a selfie with Michelangelo's painting on the ceiling and specifically the part of the painting when God is giving man "will" aka the fingers touching, no big deal. And I'm not sorry for taking all those pictures. After that we had a field trip that lasted "only" three hours according to my fashion teacher, it was miserable and all the girls in the class wanted to kill themselves. It was at Annamoda which is a costume house that provides the costumes(dresses) for all the movies. It was neat to see some dress from Marie Antoinette and many other movies. We met with a famous costume designer there as well. And if I understood correctly, Annamoda is one of the leading costumes houses there is. After we finally got back to the hotel at 6, we went out to dinner and came back. I didn't go out because I didn't want to and there was no way I would be function the next morning.
Saturday we got up and went to the Colosseum, state house, and a church that held Michelangelo's Moses. The Colosseum was unbelievable, I wish I got to watch the gladiators fight back then. Now that would be sick. After seeing those sights I decided not to do the second part of the day seeing more churches but we ended up walking around Rome and eventually came back to the hotel and I took a solid 2 hour nap, followed by dinner and wine and bed.
Sunday I was able to "sleep in" till 9 and we left to go see the Pope talk. Not gonna lie, it was a blessing experience, and amazing to be able to see the Pope talk especially since I'm Catholic. There were so many people freaking out and crying though, it was great for my photo project I'm working on. Whoopsss. After that we headed back to our hotel area and ate at a Japanese place which was bomb. It was so nice to eat food other than Italian, it's getting so old. Now here I am on the bus back to Florence. Where I have to get my butt into gear working on a paper due on Wednesday and I leave for Prague on Thursday night. I have so much that needs to be done. 


The "State house"


Roman Forum with the cutest man ever, Peter <3



Saint Peter's Basilica one of the largest churches in the world

PAPA FRANCIS

Coliseum at night



No comments:

Post a Comment